Here is a follow-up from my previous Master Brokers Forum post, the facts below came from Alyce Robertson (Executive Director of Miami’s Downtown Development Authority)…
1) In the past 3 years, Downtown Miami’s condo inventory has gone from 62% occupied to a stunning 93% occupied.
2) The largest demographic buying Downtown Miami condos are 25-40 years of age.
Consequently, the new businesses that are opening in Downtown Miami cater to the 25-40 demographic.
Ms. Robertson touched on the two large-scale projects that will be developed in Downtown Miami…
-Brickell City Center
-Genting Group Project (Malaysian investment group)
3) Brand New Trolley in Downtown Miami (free of charge)
This trolley started 3 weeks ago and takes passengers north and south along Biscayne Boulevard and Brickell Avenue. It runs every 15 minutes.
The new Downtown Miami trolley delivers people to the Performing Arts Center and the American Airlines Arena.
This new trolley will compliment the Metro Mover that has been in existence.
4) There have been discussions to close off Flagler and make it a pedestrian thoroughfare (like Lincoln Road in Miami Beach)
Flagler has charm since it is home to some of the oldest buildings in Miami dating back to 1906.
The challenge here in doing so is that there are no alleys to allow for deliveries (as is the case with Lincoln Road businesses).
Hence, closing off Flagler does not look to be happening any time soon.
5) The Network Access Point Building (NAP) in Downtown Miami handles 90% of internet traffic to South America.
6) In the first quarter of 2012, there have been 1,000 condo sales (this is a 26.7% increase over 1st quarter of 2011)
7) A direct connection to Miami International Airport from Downtown Miami is coming soon
ShowcaseMiami Realty specializes in assisting homeowners to Sell their Miami home.
(Highest price in the Shortest period of time)
To discuss a strategy for your home, call…
Broker (Seller Specialist)